HLTAID012 – Provide First Aid In An Education And Care Setting
Location: Toowoomba Community Baptist Church, 100 Glenvale Rd, Harristown QLD 4350
Also available to be delivered onsite.
Delivery Method: Online with face to face min. duration 60 minutes
This course provides practical training for workers within an education and care setting to respond to first aid emergencies in line with legal and workplace requirements, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
It teaches how to identify illness or injury, access emergency services, safely provide first aid treatment using action plans, equipment and resources, for CPR, defibrillation, administering an autoinjector for anaphylaxis, administering asthma medication, immobilisation for envenomation, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains, for bleeding and shock and other conditions.
You will learn basic anatomy, physiology and the differences between adults, children and infants relating to CPR, managing an infant or child with an acute illness, or who requires an immediate ambulance response and conveying incident details to parents, caregivers and emergency services.
The course covers completing incident documentation and debriefing for improvement of response, recognising psychological impacts, talking with children about their emotions and seeking help as required.
This course is delivered and assessed on behalf of Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909 by Toowoomba Safety Training
Unit Being Delievered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID012 – Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by the training provider.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor and performing rescue breathing techniques on manikins.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
|Refresher min. duration||360 minutes|
|Blended min. duration||360 minutes|
|Face-to-face min. duration||450 minutes|
|Online with face-to-face min. duration||60 minutes|
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificates has an industry recommended renewal period of 36 months
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on a child
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a child casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a child casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking child and infant casualty
- Manage a child casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a child casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a child casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a child casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a child casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
Have Questions? Keen to book?
Keen for a group booking? Or have questions about the availability of this course. Contact us using the details below or fill out the form and we’ll be back to you asap!
Phone: 0490 265 969