PUAFER008 Confine small workplace emergencies (Fire Extinguisher use)
Conducted in accordance with Allen’s Training (RTO #90909)
This course covers the skills and knowledge for preparing for emergency situations, identifying and assessing an emergency, safely confining emergencies, using initial response equipment and reporting on the facility’s emergency response.
If you are an occupant of a facility who is required to have first attack firefighting skills for small emergencies, such as small fires that can be controlled using a fire extinguisher; chemical spills that can be controlled using facility personal protective clothing and equipment and a spill kit; or a vehicle accident where there is no significant injury or damage, then this course is a must for you.
All aspects of this course will be undertaken in accordance with legislative requirements, organisational policies and procedures and accepted safe practices including those covered in Australian Standard (AS) 3745 and AS4083 for facilities and occupants.
Occupants are people attending a facility on a permanent or temporary basis such as an employee, contractor, student or resident, but not a visitor or patient and a facility is a building, structure or workplace that is, or may be, occupied by people (occupants).
Participants will learn:
- Applying Work, Health and Safety (WHS)/Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) requirements
- Communicating with occupants, emergency personnel and stakeholders
- Complying with facility policies and procedures
- Confining emergencies safely
- Giving and following instructions
- Identifying and acting to avoid or control any associated hazards
- Identifying and assessing an emergency
- Implementing facility emergency response procedures
- Preparing for emergency situations
- Reporting facility emergency response
- Restowing initial response equipment
- Using initial response equipment
- Utilising risk management processes
Units Being Delivered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- PUAFER008 – Confine small emergencies in a facility
Participants must be able to complete the practical demonstrations for the course, including being able to safely confine emergencies and use initial response equipment.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
This course can be delivered by negotiation in your workplace or at a public Toowoomba Safety Training facility.
Course Fees and Payments
Total Course Cost is $149
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to Terms and Conditions
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on the
agreement between the client and the service provider. Please refer to Terms and Conditions
|Refresher min. duration||N/A|
|Blended min. duration||N/A|
|Face-to-face min. duration||180 minutes|
|Online with face-to-face min. duration||30 minutes|
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909. Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au (https://allenstraining.com.au/students/student-handbook) for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
- Prepare for emergency situations
- Manage a small chemical spill
- Put out a small paper/wood fire
Documentation – The student must complete the following documentation:
- Facility emergency plan
- Incident/ Emergency report
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.