CPCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry (White Card)
Location: This course can be delivered by negotiation in your workplace or Harness Energy
Delivery Method: Face to Face 4.5 hours
A construction worker must have completed general construction induction training (commonly known as the “White Card”) before being permitted to commence work on a construction site. This is a mandatory requirement across Australia.
If you have never worked in the construction industry before or you have lost your White Card; then this is the course for you.
This course will help introduce you to or serve as a reminder of the current health and safety legislative requirements, personal awareness, and the basic principles of risk management for working in the construction industry in order to work safely and prevent injury or harm to self and others.
It covers identifying and orally reporting common construction hazards, understanding basic risk control measures, and identifying procedures for responding to potential incidents and emergencies. It also covers correctly selecting and fitting common personal protective equipment (PPE) used for construction work.
Unit Being Delievered
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- CPCWHS1001 – Prepare to Work Safely in the Construction Industry
This course can be delivered by negotiation in your workplace or at a public Toowoomba Safety Training facility.
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need the following to be eligible for entry:
- Proof of age must be 14 years or over (parent guardian consent required if under 18).
- Valid working email address.
- Points of current and valid identification (including Photographic ID). Student will be provided with an Evidence of Identification Checklist (EOI) to complete on enrolment.
- Physical capacity to demonstrate the correct donning and removing of PPE for assessment
|Refresher min. duration||N/A|
|Blended min. duration||N/A|
|Face-to-face min. duration||4.5 Hours|
|Online with face-to-face min. duration||N/A|
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
Learning Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
The student must orally explain:
- PPE and signage
- Construction signage
- Safe work practices
- Fire safety equipment
- Emergency response – fire
- Designated health and safety personnel
- Workplace documents
- Incident and emergency response – personal injury
- Identify, report and control construction hazards
The student must physically and correctly fit and adjust PPE:
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses
- High visibility reflective vest
- Ear protection (muffs or plugs)
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must successfully complete all assessment questions.
Have Questions? Keen to book?
Keen for a group booking? Or have questions about the availability of this course. Contact us using the details below or fill out the form and we’ll be back to you asap!
Phone: 0490 265 969